Monday, November 29, 2010

Brown: SEVEN How to make fabric Napkins!

There are SO many ways to make napkins, but I am going to show you how I make mine.  First of all I must share with you my trouble with the fabric stores here on this island.  I have found one fabric store, and although it is very large and well priced, it is hard to get away from the "aloha" patterns :)  So I have found a website that is WONDERFUL! Its fabric.com and that is where I got my fabric for my napkins, curtain, and many other little projects.

So to start I cut my napkin to size.  Standard napkins sizes are 12, 14, and 16 inches, I made mine 16 because that used the most out of my yards of fabric.  So first you must cut your fabric in to a perfect square. Make sure to use a straight edge:)


Then pick a color of BIAS TAPE that compliments your napkins( which is just fabric cut and folded perfectly....you can always make your own) .  You can find bias tape at any craft store.


Simply pin the bias tape over all four edges of your napkin.


Sew.

And place on your table.  As each holiday occurs, make a new set of napkins so in a year you have napkins for every holiday!

Happy Sewing!
Love, BROWN

No comments:

Post a Comment