Monday, November 29, 2010

BROWN :NINE Our first THANKSGIVING!!!!!

( Andrew cut off my head in the picture...how dare him!)
Thanksgiving means lots of people and lots of food....right? Andrew decided to invite his Platoon over for Thanksgiving at our house.  He figured the break is too short for people to go all the way home and most of the guys are young single guys......so instead of them opting for Taco Bell or McDonalds we decided to have them over for a good traditional Thanksgiving dinner (which if I actually told Andrew we could eat there for Thanksgiving he would most likely run around the our loop screaming with joy). I got all the recipes that I love from Connie, and Andrew and I went shopping for everything....and then I started cooking!!
 Here is our table setting for the big day.


The menu:
      Turkey (My dad says it usually takes a few Thanksgivings to get your turkey good and I have to say this was the best turkey I have ever eaten...the white meat was just as juicy as the dark, and the dark just fell of the bone!)
      Ham
      Stuffing
      Cheesy potato casserole
      Sweet potato casserole
      Corn casserole
      Green bean Casserole
      Cranberry sauce
      Gravy
      Rolls
Dessert:
Apple Pie
Fudge Pie
Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache (which was gone by the end of the day)


Everything was homemade and everything was delicious.  They guys came hungry and left full...they were all very sweet and it was a great day!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love, BROWN

    

No comments:

Post a Comment