Monday, November 29, 2010

Brown: EIGHT How to make a cushion

Let me just tell you I am a bargain hunter just like my mother!! ( But to tell you the truth, Lily and Claire are super bargain hunters as well).  I knew I wanted a wooden outside bench for my little front porch but being in the army, not knowing what your next house will look like, it would be silly to buy a new bench only to have to get ride of it for our next move.  Sooooooo, I found a bench for 25$ at a thrift store and all I needed to do was make a seat cushion for it....super easy! So I got my fabric to match my house (green) and used burlap for my accent pillows ( Lily and Claire know my love for burlap).

So start by measuring the seat of your bench and give yourself extra room because when you go to stuff your cushion, it becomes becomes shorter.  Sew the fabric like you would a pillow inside out, leaving some room for your hand to stuff with.  Then turn your cushion right side out and make some stitches where ever you want your cushion to be sectioned off or break, but remember your have to get your hand in all the sections to put stuffing, so leave room:)

Then stuff your cushion section, by section, making sure they are all even.

Then sew up the back part that you left open. I attached ribbons so I could tie it to my bench for wind.

Make some accent pillows and enjoy!  You could also do this for a desk chair or even your dinning/kitchen table chairs!

Love, BROWN

No comments:

Post a Comment