Friday, December 3, 2010

RED: 8mm Movie Projector: ELEVEN

One of my mom's friends is a professional Ebay buyer and seller - when she saw our 8mm video on facebook she immediately contacted me, generously offering us this beautiful vintage 8mm video projector! I picked it up when I was down in Tennessee last and I think Ben was more excited about the projector's arrival back to Ohio than my own. After a bit of scrubbing and technical trial and error, Ben had turned our living room into a 1950's family vacation presentation. It's so much fun to watch the film; the only sound in the room is the sputtering of the projector as the film feeds through, frame by frame. There is an inevitable feeling of nostalgia and contentment as you view the world you know so well captured in such a unique and genuine way.






We're headed back to NYC in a few weeks and can't wait to try our 8mm film in the Big Apple!


No comments:

Post a Comment